How to help the partner be the best partner they can be with Yiska Obadia
Advertisement: Click here to learn how to Generate Art From Text
How would your partner like to be involved with you during pregnancy and childbirth? Today, we’ll be talking about birth partners and how they can support you during your birth experience. We discuss how to prepare by discussing expectations and dynamics which influence both the physical and emotional aspects of pregnancy and birth. We discuss how to help partners get over their fears and be the best partners they can be.
This episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, we welcome Yiska Obadia. Yiska Obadia is a passionate healer and teacher with over 25 years experience as a massage therapy, acupuncturist, and birth doula.
Yiska encourages parents to educate themselves as much as they can about birth and postpartum. She believes parents can have a better birth and postpartum if they create a team and a support system. I really enjoyed talking to Yiska. She is incredibly knowledgeable and shares so much great information on this podcast. This podcast is great to listen to together with your partner.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How Yiska got her start in birth work.
- The biggest fear that partners have when trying support their partner’s labor is the idea of being unable to do so.
- How to prepare and be a supportive partner.
- How to help partners overcome their fears about birth and be present for their loved ones during labor.
- The different levels of support that a partner may offer.
- How to help resolve the situation where a pregnant person wants to have their partner more involved in the birth of the baby, but the partner doesn’t want to be as involved.
- How to help partners accept they can’t be all things at all times.
- About Yiska’s Wisdom of Birth Deck and how it may offer guidance for partners.
- Yiska’s advice for new parents.
- How to connect with Yiska
Yiska Obadia, a passionate teacher, is a healer and practitioner of the healing arts. She has over 25 years experience as a massage therapy, acupuncturist, and birth doula. Yiska created Comforting Touch for Birth, a guidebook and workshop to teach doulas how to support birthing people with hands-on care. Recently, she added Comforting touch for Babies and Havening Techniques into her repertoire. Yiska is based out of NYC.
Connect with Yiska
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, There are 5 simple solutions to the most common pregnancy pains Click Here to Learn More
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) You can also click here Spotify!
Connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
Original content by prenatalyogacenter.com – “How to Help the Partner Be the Best Partner They Can Be with Yiska Obadia”
Read the complete article at https://prenatalyogacenter.com/how-to-help-the-partner-be-the-best-partner-they-can-be-with-yiska-obadia/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-help-the-partner-be-the-best-partner-they-can-be-with-yiska-obadia